- Just a couple more days to bid on the MKOC box from tour. davidarchuleta.com/home/?p=5777 Thanks to all who have made a bid! (KS) 1 week ago
- Let the bidding BEGIN. again! hahaha I think we are back up! Lets try this once again davidarchuleta.com/home/?p=5777 (KS) 1 week ago
- Sorry Archies! Technical issue over at Ebay! Will get it back up shortly. (KS) 2 weeks ago
- Here you go! youtu.be/arP8OJ-XmfY Head over to davidarchuleta.com to start bidding now! (Team Archie) 2 weeks ago
- Amazed by all the guesses! Some even had me laughing out loud. Surprised Archies have not figured it out yet! Not too long to wait now! (KS) 2 weeks ago
- Who as an idea what this could be and what we are going to do with it? (KS) http://t.co/1Y4NcN3K4T 2 weeks ago
- Happy Valentine's Day! (Team Archie) http://t.co/hOPhPNYnmX 3 weeks ago
- The MKOC backdrop contest had such a wonderful response we decided to pick 2 names! Congratulations to @Winnie_Ward and @Salamahafifi (KS) 3 weeks ago
- Last day to enter for a chance to win a piece of the backdrop from the My Kind of Christmas Tour. >>>> davidarchuleta.com/home/?p=5738 (Team Archie) 4 weeks ago
- Your chance to win a piece of MKOC! Check it our here>>>> davidarchuleta.com/home/?p=5738 (KS) 1 month ago
- @marvingermo Hi Marvin! Just want to say I really like your book, Stock Smarts. Been recommending it to friends :) 1 day ago
- Weekend workout: 90-minute trek to the Mt. Pinatubo crater. Pictures don't quite capture the beauty of… instagram.com/p/lFkW3iERk3/ 5 days ago
- New friends from the #WealthSummit2014 . Renz, an OFW, flew in from Kuwait just to attend the seminar… instagram.com/p/lAD4ECERvS/ 1 week ago
- Success Is All About Everyday Execution #WealthSummit2014 @ Philippine International Convention Center instagram.com/p/k8Z6gFkRlR/ 1 week ago
- So happy to see @kricket_rc234 !! @therandompinay jackryan4da and I thought we were just meeting with… instagram.com/p/kUpVJSkRlf/ 3 weeks ago
Me and David
TagsAsian Tour 2011 Baguio Beach Concerts I Attended David Archuleta David Archuleta's Artistry Eula Caballero Friends Gorgeous Creatures Indonesia Jasmine Curtis Smith Life Love Malaysia Manila Nandito Ako Nature new friends old friends Personal Philippines places reminiscing travel TV Show Uncategorized United States Vacation Vietnam Washington
A gift for Marius
- 18,232 hits
Daily Archives: May 6, 2012
I LOVE AVENGERS!
This is a great review
Originally posted on Monster Popcorn:
I don’t even know where to begin in reviewing The Avengers. The movie was like a dream. It was a blur of holy-shit-this-is-happening moments full of awesomeness (articulate, I know). When it was over, it was like waking up from a dream where you are trying to process it so you can remember it all. For all intents and purposes, this movie could have gone so wrong so many times during its development process but it didn’t. It has an enormously talented and enjoyable cast. It has Joss Whedon, who is immensely qualified to deliver a proper ensemble film that excites and entertains all the while tending to character development. The Avengers proves the superhero genre doesn’t need to be deconstructed or stripped of it’s comic-booky elements in favor of utter realism, it needs to be fucking embraced!
One of the great aspects of the film is seeing the characters (and actors) playing off each other. It’s so much fun to just watch these guys interact even when they are in everyday clothes. Their egos clash and they make jabs at each other that often result in hilarity. They are dysfunctional and fight with each other. These are what the heroes in The Avengers are like but when it comes time to get their shit together, they work beautifully and keep those egos in check. Every Avenger gets their due time in the movie, some more than others, but there is an arc to each character. Each one of them is dealing with their own issues while being pushed into a team they didn’t really ask to join. The X-men movies are about a team of people that are all unified by the fact that they are mutants and looked down upon. The Avengers are all people that don’t belong together and this makes them much more interesting to watch.
I enjoyed every character in the movie a hell of a lot. I really dug Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow. She was incredibly smart, great at manipulation and could kick some major ass. I absolutely love the Black Widow fight choreography. It feels fresh and is just really amazing to watch. Johansson herself gives one of the better performances of her career and plays the character wonderfully. The real gem of the movie though is the Hulk. Don’t get me wrong, I loved all the rest of the big hitters as well, but the Hulk we see in The Avengers is the Hulk that we need to see more of. He’s intelligent but still retains a level of unleashed monster mixed with child-like reactions. He’s a hero this time around and it is truly marvelous to watch. Not only do we get to see him do glorious battle but there are moments in the movie involving him that are laugh out loud hilarious. I think everyone cheered and laughed when Hulk and Loki confront each other. He was most definitely a crowd pleaser. Let’s hope they continue this Hulk into another solo movie.